If you feel like winter is doing a real number on your skin, you’re not alone. The dryness can make you scaly and flakey, and while falling flakes are nice, you don’t want it coming from your face and hair.
At this time of year it’s more important than ever to guard against the harsh conditions that damage our skin - wind, snow and bright sunny days, along with extreme temperature changes between the outdoors and indoors, can all leave our skin irritated and screaming for moisture.
Moisturizing is the most effective way to banish dryness and keep skin hydrated and radiant, and Ste. Anne’s Skin Nourishment line meets all moisturizing needs for every skin type year round. Just like the seasons change, so too the need to change up your beauty routine, and if you haven’t done it yet, now is the perfect time to save face with our all natural skin care products for a healthy complexion come spring.
Seasons such as winter and fall generally require more exfoliation, hydration and rich nourishing ingredients to keep skin in peak condition, while spring and summer necessitate lighter, breathable products. Our effective, Canadian-made skin care line nourishes, repairs and refreshes with 100% pure botanical ingredients – all healing with no harmful ingredients, such as petrochemicals, sulfates, PEGs/PPGs, parabens, phthalates, synthetic fragrances or synthetic preservatives.
To keep things supple and smooth, keep it simple: Start off with our Skin Nourishment Cleansing Cream to gently clean without disrupting the skin’s natural balance. Appropriate for all skin types, the lavender, rosewood and marshmallow root, grown at Ste. Anne’s, soothes and smoothes winter-weary skin.
Refresh and rebalance with our Toner, containing a calming base of pure rose and geranium flower. Then hyper-nourish and drench the skin with our facial serum. Drench Serum is used daily under a moisturizer to treat dry, mature skin, ideally followed by our Skin Nourishment Firming Cream to lock in moisture and give your skin that extra lift.
While a visit to the spa for a nourishing facial is a sure bet way to get great skin, not everyone has the time to get away so luxuriate in Ste. Anne’s treatments at home. Your skin will radiate with a weekly treatment of Gommage, a gel-based exfoliant used to remove dry skin and clear away day-to-day buildup. Our Hydrating Mask and Drench Mineral Mask quench super-thirsty skin – you can use the Hydrating Mask alone daily as an intensive hydrating face cream in extremely dry conditions, or add it to the Drench Mineral Mask to double your pleasure.
Beauty is skin deep so while feeding your face all-natural ingredients is essential to keep away telltale aging signs, it’s also important to nourish your body with wholesome ingredients. To build natural radiance from the inside out:
• Moisturize with Omega-3: Aging causes our oil glands to make less and less moisture-locking oil. Omega-3 reduces inflammation, promotes moisture-retention and protects from sun-damage - available as a supplement or in fatty fish like salmon.
• Believe in B3: This essential nutrient, also known as nicotinamide, repairs damaged DNA, along with other skin-boosting benefits. Even topical application of nicotinamide can improve the appearance of age spots, reduce wrinkles and improve skin elasticity.
• Mind your A’s and Cs: Vitamin C and vitamin A are essential for producing collagen, the protein in skin that keeps it looking full and healthy.
• Cut down on sweets: Excess sugar in the bloodstream impairs essential skin building blocks, like collagen, elastin and keratin, and dries out your skin, resulting in more visible wrinkles, sagging and dullness.
• Eat clean: Whole, all natural foods, like the delicious meals served at Ste. Anne’s, will help to give your skin a healthy glow.
• Drink more water: Warming up with tea or coffee on cold days might feel good, but it can have dehydrating effects internally which show up on our skin. For every cup of coffee you drink, make sure to drink two cups of water to rehydrate. Or reach for a wonderful cup of our herbal tea – indulge with some caffeine-free Peppermint Forest or Luscious Cranberry at our famous afternoon Teatime. This relaxing tradition can calm you at home with the many tasty flavours available for purchase at Ste. Anne’s boutique and our online boutique.
• Get your beauty sleep. Your skin’s appearance suffers with less than eight hours of sleep each night so get your ZZZs. Book a few nights at Ste. Anne’s – you’ll surely have sweet dreams and come away refreshed and rejuvenated!