This Easter we're offering marzipan cupcake decorating classes at the Bakery. In case you can't make it to the spa, we've provided you with our recipe so you can create your own at home, just in time for Easter!
|Brown rice flour
|| 3 cups
• Using a mixer, cream the butter with the sugar until fluffy, then add eggs one by one
• In a separate bowl, mix the flour, starch, baking powder and salt
• Add the dry mix to the butter and egg mixture, mix until incorporated
• Scoop into muffin tins lined with paper cups
• Bake at 350ºF for 20 to 25 minutes
You'll need: your favourite icing (brown coloured), shredded coconut coloured yellow with food colouring, chocolate chips, candied orange peel, and mini Easter eggs
• Let the cupcakes cool down
• Make the eyes using the chocolate chips and the beak using the orange peel
• Cover the other half of the cupcakes using a star tip and the brown icing making it look like a nest
• Place the mini eggs in the middle
Approximately 36 cupcakes
Make sure to stop by Ste. Anne's Spa Bakery for other great baked goods and a wide selection of cookies, cakes, breads, jams, chocolates and fruit butters made from products found on the Ste. Anne’s property.