Surrounded by a light, flaky pastry, this raspberry and goat cheese empanada is the perfect sweet and savoury treat.
|All purpose gluten-free flour
|| 2 tsp
|Cold water||1 cup|
|Sugar (to sprinkle)||¼ cup|
• In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients
• Add the butter and shortening slowly until the mixture is crumbled
• Add the liquids and mix until combined
• Let the dough rest for 20 to 30 minutes
• Roll to ¼ inch thick and cut to desired size rounds
• Put the filling in the middle, brush the edge with egg, fold in half and press with your fingers or a fork to seal
• Brush with egg wash and bake at 325ºF for 15 minutes or until light brown
• Mix the goat cheese with the raspberry jam and fresh raspberries
6-8 depending on size
Make sure to stop by Ste. Anne's Spa Bakery for other great baked goods and a wide selection of cookies, cakes, breads, jams, chocolates and fruit butters made from products found on the Ste. Anne’s property.