Welcome to the Dr. William W. Priddle Room. Dr. Priddle practiced family medicine in Toronto and became a pioneer in geriatric medicine. He was also one of the earliest advocates of a low sodium diet to reduce hypertension, at a time when this procedure was considered radical by many. He is the father of Ste. Anne’s founder, Nancy Corcoran and grandfather of current owner, Jim Corcoran. The Corcoran family has evolved to become committed to healthy lifestyle choices and dedicate this room to the memory of a significant influencer in their lives.
We are offering our guests this complimentary Shiatsu chair massage to help extend the benefits of the power of human touch that is experienced during a visit here at Ste. Anne’s. We recommend that you find some time to enjoy a 20 minute session during your visit to help extend the benefits of the power of human touch that you will experience during your time here at Ste. Anne’s. All you will need is comfortable and dry clothing, and then sit back enjoy!
Like massage therapy, massage chairs can contribute significantly to physical and mental wellbeing. Some of the potential health benefits are as follows:
- Reduce stress, tension, and anxiety
- Relax and loosen sore muscles
- Improve blood flow
- Boost immune system
- Mobilize lymphatic circulation
- Alleviate pain and headaches
- Decompress and improve spinal alignment
- Improve posture
- Generate more flexibility
- Regulate high blood pressure
- Help to elevate mood
Like massage therapy though, it is important to know your pressure limits and always begin with the smallest amount of force. As you get more comfortable, you can experiment with different techniques and depths. If you have any questions about how to use the chairs, you can speak with a member of the boutique team.
MASSAGE CHAIR AFTER CARE
Similar to a massage, we recommend that you drink lots of water after your massage chair treatment and have a hot tub, steam or hot shower afterward.
EXTENDING THE BENEFITS TO YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
In a perfect world we would be able to have a massage every day to fend off aches and pains and provide ourselves with needed respite from our hectic lives. While this is not possible for most of us, having a chair like this in your home or office can provide the kind of self-care you or your clients deserve. If you are interested in bringing one of these therapeutic chairs into your home or office, you can find additional information on the features of these chairs below. One of our boutique team members would be happy to answer any additional questions you have and arrange for delivery to your home.
SHIATSU PLUS MASSAGE CHAIR FEATURES:
- Auto body scan
- 3D massage rollers, depth and intensity adjustments
- Unique l-shape massage system massages from the neck to the buttocks in one motion
- 5 high performance pre-programmed massage types: kneading, tapping, knocking, kneading and tapping combo and shiatsu
- Manual massage mode allows you to select a specific body area, massage type, intensity and speed
- 10 pre-set auto programs
- Extendable footrests for the perfect fit
- Air compression massage on the hands, hip, calf and feet
- 3D calf massage
- Roller massage at the bottom of the feet
- Zero gravity position
- Heat function
- Zero space saver mechanism allows the massage chair to move closer to a wall reducing the overall required space when in use versus other massage chairs
- Clear and easy to use remote control with
- LED indicators
- Master power on/off switch