It’s Earth Day and here at Ste. Anne's Spa, we take green initiatives and being as eco-friendly as possible very seriously.
The Earth with its unadulterated beauty and incredible healing properties, we understand the importance of protecting those sacred gifts for all to enjoy.
What some of our guests may not know is that we actually have many sustainable initiatives that we are continuously working on to give back to Mother Nature, the earth, and the world around us.
As a business, before we undertake anything, we always consider the effect our behaviour may have on our natural surroundings. This is why we have adopted many green practices that coincide with the vision of our owner, Jim Corcoran. He believes that “humans should strive to give back what they take from the environment, and in doing so should improve the quality of the world we live in.”
Ste. Anne's is home to 500 acres of stunning and diverse landscapes that sit atop a natural spring that lays 150 feet below ground. We are so incredibly grateful for this land and feel a deep sense of responsibility as its stewards, while also enhancing its gifts and sharing it with our cherished guests.
Here are a few of the initiatives that Ste. Anne's has undertaken to be more conscious and sustainable:
• REFORESTATION: In the spring of 2019 our team planted 1,000 trees of various species on our property. Each year, our team is committed to planting 1,000 trees of various species across our vast property.
• REGENERATIVE AGRICULTURE: We practice rotational grazing, moving our animals so they are always eating on fresh ground, giving the earth more time to grow restore and re-establish its nutrient content.
• SKIN NOURISHMENT LINE: Our Skin Nourishment product line was designed with the environment in mind, based on 100% pure botanical ingredients that provide the skin with what it needs to thrive optimally.
• CARBON NEUTRAL PACKAGING: We’re making the switch to recyclable, compostable packaging that’s carbon neutral, with carbon credits purchased to offset the emissions created by our packaging.
• BEES: Bees are vital to creating and maintaining ecosystems. Our Beekeepers work tirelessly to ensure our many bee colonies are healthy, happy and able to pollinate the wonderful landscape for all to enjoy.
• GARDENS: The breathtaking gardens and green lawns at Ste. Anne’s are herbicide-free, in keeping with the spa’s commitment to natural, organic products. Our chefs use organic and local ingredients wherever possible—often using vegetables and herbs grown from the gardens at Ste. Anne’s—so the setting is untouched by chemicals.
These are just a few examples of how Ste. Anne's has adapted and created green initiatives. We continue to be aware of our ecological footprint and are constantly striving to enhance the natural environment around us.
Click here for more information on our sustainable programs.
Happy Earth Day to all of our valued guests!
You May Also Like
From lip balm, body scrubs and bath salts to creative art - read more about each beloved brand’s story and products found in this season's subscription box!